Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fisher-Price Toys

Fisher-Price has developed and sold almost 5,000 different toys over the last seventy years. That's a lot of toys for a lot of different generations of kids. It's amazing that you can be a kid now and enjoy these toys, and have grand parents who did the same. Some of the best loved Fisher-Price toys have included the View-master, Power Wheels, Rescue heros and, of course, the Little People.

One of my favorites was the Chatter Telephone. Maybe that name doesn't sound familiar but I know that you remember, and probably played with, this toy. This is the plastic telephone that has wheels. You pull it along on a cord and the eyes move around and it makes a happy chattering sound. I have clear memories of one of the first Christmases I can remeber, and I must have recieved a chattering telephone that year. I remember pulling it around the Christmas tree endlessly that year, making believe that I was taking it on a long journey. This is one of those toys that you keep around for years, and later when you're a teenager you would be embaressed to admit that you didn't want to get rid of it, even though you would never dream of playing with it again. At least not when somebody else is around! Its funny how time can change our perspective on things. I have watched my nephew play with his Baby Einstein Count and Compose Piano

No comments:

Post a Comment